This user has not added any information to their profile yet.Mailing Address Emergency Contact
I've served on the Board of Directors for the past three years and I am seeking a second term.
Whether elected to the club's Board or not I have volunteered extensively since the founding of SVCC in the realms of our web presence and use of technology, Bonspiel planning, making the most of the Olympic cycle, Learn to Curl planning and execution, and communication with the club and the public.
I started curling in March of 2016 and I've found opportunities to curl in either or both San Jose and Fremont nearly continuously since then.
I believe strongly in the board's duty to ensure that SVCC as an organization continues indefinitely and adheres to its charitable mission. Accomplishing this is a continual challenge but remains achievable through:
• careful financial oversight and planning,
• an excellent member experience that allows us to retain and develop curling talent at all levels (Junior, Competitive, and Recreational alike), and
• building a base of potential future members through awareness of the sport via public events and outreach combined with high quality execution on those events.
Committee Chair/Co-Chairships and participation:
• Tech (Co-chair)
• Olympic (Chair)
• Bonspiel Planning (Co-chair)
• Merchandise (Chair)
• Communication/Customer Service (Co-chair)
• LTC (Sole Coordinator)
• USCA Engagement (Co-chair)
• Rolled out Digital Waivers to the membership.
• Planned and coordinated all publicly offered Learn to Curl sessions since 2018
• Raised the profile of SVCC with the USCA leadership by providing extensive assistance during their course corrections on their Sport:80 roll out.
• Automated significant portions of the volunteer workload through Zapier, Slack, our Website, and other technology selections and implementations.
• Ensure a strong new member experience
• Retain and grow the SVCC membership so that we are prepared for any future ice times and opportunities.
• Explore all ice opportunities possible. Including curler development, or LTC-specific times.
• Transparency for members in decision making and how to help out.
• Ensure the club is ready to handle the fast-approaching 2022 Winter Olympic surge in interest and then transition smoothly into the 2024 mid-Olympic cycle slump.
• Ensure equal access to competitive development and competitive opportunities to as much of the membership that desires it.
• 2017 and 2018 GGB Bonspiel Committee and 2016 Bonspiel Volunteer
• 2019 Silicon Valley Bonspiel Committee Co-Chair
• Key contributor to SVCC Website and Social Media
• Teach LTCs and Events whenever possible
• Toronto 2015 PanAm Games Volunteer